Notes on 1909 map:
1. The area north of San Carlos (then called Stevens Creek Road) is still orchard. There is no Shasta Avenue, or Hanchett Avenue, or Dana Avenue.
2. The area designated "Rose Lawn" is the area now known as the Burbank Neighborhood. Clifton is not connected to the Rose Lawn area.
3. The road that will become Richmond Avenue is known as Rambo Road!
4. Only Page, Douglas, Willard and Buena Vista are designated streets in what will become the Buena Vista Neighborhood.
5. The "County Infirmary" is situated where Valley Medical Center is today.
6. Burbank School can be seen near the corner of Clifton and San Carlos (then called Steven Creek Road).
RETURN TO DIRECTORY