Notes on 1938 map:
1. West San Carlos Street in 1938 was known as Stevens Creek Road (you can see the word "Creek" on the left side)
2. Porter Street is about in the middle, (now called Leigh Avenue).
3. The empty area north of Stevens Creek Road is undeveloped.
4. Most of the north-south streets in the Buena Vista and Burbank neighborhoods are in place, except Scott Street does not go through to Willard and the area between Scott and Moorpark is still largely orchard.
5. San Jose City College is still in the future as the area south of Moorpark is open land down the "SPRR" (Southern Pacific Railroad)
RETURN TO DIRECTORY