Notes on 1953 map:
1. Most interesting, but a little hard to read, is the words "San Jose Technical High School" where San Jose City College is today. It's just to the right of the pink rectangle that represents the County Hospital.
2. Scott Street has not quite made it all the way east to connect to Willard.
3. West San Carlos is now named West San Carlos, but Leigh Avenue is still called Porter.
4. You can see the "New O'Connor Hospital" in the upper left corner.
5. The area north of West San Carlos now has all the streets it has today.
RETURN TO DIRECTORY