San Jose has many sanctioned fireworks shows to help celebrate this 4th of July. Stay safe and leave it to the pros this year.
Even sparklers can be dangerous, especially to children. Sparklers burn at about 2,000 degrees – hot enough to melt some metals. Sparklers can quickly ignite clothing, and children have received severe burns from dropping sparklers on their feet. According to the National Fire Protection Association, sparklers alone account for more than 25% of emergency room visits for fireworks injuries.
Furthermore, the hot weather and abundant dry grass make wildfires an extreme danger for everyone!