Hotspot Device Loan Program https://www.sjpl.org/hotspot-members
Wi-Fi Hotspots for Library Members
Available at select branches, Library members (ages 18+) with a current San José Public Library Card in good standing may check out a Hotspot device for FREE. There is a 90-day check out period, with one auto renewal of 30 days per user.
These devices cannot be requested through the catalog - you must call one of the participating branches to make an appointment, subject to availability.
Hotspot Pickup Locations, Hours, & Contact
Monday – Saturday - beginning Sept. 21 1:00 – 6:00 PM
To reserve a hotspot, call one of the following branches. If the branch you call no longer has any hotspots available, please call another branch to see if they have one available.
· Seven Trees Branch Library Coming Soon
Appointment Booking Details
· Appointments can be scheduled up to 4 days in advance
· To book an appointment, call the branch Express Pickup number during Express Pickup service, Monday – Saturday from 1 – 6 PM
· Please have your library card ready when booking the appointment
Check Out Process
· If a hotspot is available for checkout when you call, library staff will arrange an appointment time for you to pick it up.
· Plan for the appointment to take no more than 15 minutes, and all appointments must follow safety guidelines (social distancing and masks are required).
When it’s time for your appointment:
1. Call the branch express pickup number and let the staff know you have arrived
2. Walk up to the Hotspot Checkout table and a staff member will meet you there
o Please remember that staff will be following all required safety guidelines and stand on the opposite side of a plexiglass guard
3. The staff member will walk you through the checkout process, including going over:
o The length of the checkout (90 days with one auto-renewal of 30 days)
o An overview of the hotspot, charger, and cords included in the box
o Reading and signing a hotspot device policy and user agreement
Know Before You Go
· Face coverings are required for anyone (ages 6+) waiting in line to pickup items
· Customers and staff are required to practice social distancing, maintaining 6-foot space
· Please do not leave any items on the Express Pickup table
· Use the book drop to return your items 24/7
· To ensure your safety, all returned items are quarantined for three days
· Please do not use disinfecting wipes on items
· We are currently not accepting book donations
· Need special assistance or have a special request? Please notify staff prior to your pickup or appointment
To return your hotspot device, please contact the branch where you picked up your hotspot to make an appointment to return it during Express Pickup service. Returned hotspots will be quarantined for 4 days and not checked in immediately. No receipts can be given.